Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: shiny spots on face

  1. #1
    Inactive Member love_my_cuties's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does anyone know how to get rid of shiny spots on doll's faces? My Marisol has one on her nose (I assume its from her box) and my Carmen (#15) has one on her forehead. I am scared to take the magic eraser to their face..any advice?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member StephanieS's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2006
    Posts
    279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Use a pencil eraser

  3. #3
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Magic Eraser is really only a danger to the face paint, like blush, lipstick and eyebrows. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member lonie's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2006
    Posts
    218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You can take the Magic Eraser to their faces without doing any harm as long as you avoid the eyebrows, lips, and cheeks. You may have to be a little firm but the shine marks should eventually come off.

    Oops! American_Mommy, we posted at the same time! Great advice! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 04, 2006 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Princess Kailey ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was wondering myself - Thanks for this thread

    I wish we could have a sticky of helpful tips

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Bean Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Have you tried baking soda?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member sparklyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by FelinaDoon:

    I wish we could have a sticky of helpful tips
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Already asked. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I agree, it would be so helpful. I always find myself wondering about every little aspect of doll restoration and care!

    Erin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •